FootnotesReport Name: Regional Hospital Mental Health Services Indicator Results
Report ID: MH2
© 2018 Canadian Institute for Health Information.
1) Prior to 2014–2015, indicators were made available only for health regions with a population greater than 75,000.
2) Provincial and regional contextual information is available in the Quick Stats report “HMHDB Regional Contextual Information.”
3) Psychiatric hospital discharges were excluded from these analyses.
4) Standardized rates were age-adjusted using a direct method of standardization. As of 2014–2015, CIHI updated the Canada reference population from the 1991 Canadian population to the 2011 Canadian population.
5) As of 2016–2017, the assignment of diagnosis codes to diagnosis categories was modified. For more information, see “Hospital Mental Health Database, 2016–2017: User Documentation.”
6) Discharge include deaths.
7) As of 2015–2016, the 2 measures of readmission rates for mood disorders are no longer reported. A revised measure of 30-day readmission for mood disorders is available in the following Quick Stats product: HMHDB Hospital Mental Health Services in Canada: Supplementary Tables.
9) A cell value of “-” indicates a suppressed value, no value or that the value is not applicable or not included.
10) Click “About this QuickStat” for detailed notes and methodology information related to this report.
11) Sources: Hospital Mental Health Database, Canadian Institute for Health Information; Population Estimates, Statistics Canada.