FootnotesReport Name: Regional Hospital Mental Health Services Indicator Results
Report ID: MH2
© 2017 Canadian Institute for Health Information.
1) Prior to 2014–2015, indicators were made available only for health regions with a population greater than 75,000.
2) Provincial and regional contextual information is available in the Quick Stats report HMHDB Regional Contextual Information.
3) Psychiatric hospital separations (discharges or deaths) were excluded from these analyses.
4) As of 2015–2016, the 2 measures of rehospitalization rates for mood disorders are no longer reported. A revised measure of 30-day readmission for mood disorders is available in the following Quick Stats product: HMHDB Hospital mental health services in Canada: Supplementary tables.
6) A cell value of “-” indicates a suppressed value, no value or that the value is not applicable or not included.
7) Click “About This QuickStat” for detailed notes and methodology information related to this query.
8) Additional analyses can be done by CIHI on a by-request basis.
9) Sources: Hospital Mental Health Database, Canadian Institute for Health Information; Population Estimates, Statistics Canada.