Province1.Diagnosis Group2.Province/Territory3.Discharge Fiscal YearSummary Chart | Detailed ReportPan-CanadaAge Group/Sex
| How does the selected value compare - Number of Discharges?|
FootnotesReport Name: Hospital Mental Health Services in Canada
Report ID: MH1
© 2018 Canadian Institute for Health Information.
1) Provincial and regional contextual information is available in the Quick Stats report “HMHDB Regional Contextual Information.”
2) Standardized rates were age-adjusted using a direct method of standardization. As of 2014–2015, CIHI updated the Canada reference population from the 1991 Canadian population to the 2011 Canadian population.
3) As of 2016–2017, the assignment of diagnosis codes to diagnosis categories was modified. For more information, see “Hospital Mental Health Database, 2016– 2017: User Documentation.”
4) Discharges include deaths.
6) A cell value of “-” indicates a suppressed value, no value or that the value is not applicable or not included.
7) Click “About this QuickStat” for detailed notes and methodology information related to this report.
8) Sources: Hospital Mental Health Database, Canadian Institute for Health Information; Population Estimates, Statistics Canada.