FootnotesReport Name: Regional Contextual Information
Report ID: MH3
© 2017 Canadian Institute for Health Information.
1) Prior to 2014–2015, indicators were made available only for health regions with a population greater than 75,000.
2) The number of psychiatric or general hospitals in the health region was based on those that reported separations (discharges or deaths) with a primary diagnosis of mental illness or addiction.
3) A cell value of “-” indicates no value or that the value is not applicable or not included.
4) Click “About This QuickStat” for detailed notes and methodology information related to this query.
5) Additional analyses can be done by CIHI on a by-request basis.
6) Sources: Hospital Mental Health Database, Canadian Institute for Health Information; Population Estimates, Statistics Canada.